Ras Al Khaimah Digital Assets Oasis (“RAK DAO”) is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors and customers of the RAK DAO website (the “Site”). The purpose of this policy is to describe how we collect, use, and otherwise handle Personal Information that is provided or made available to us or that we collect from you when you use the Site and explains the circumstances in which we may transfer this to others, under the Federal Decree-Law No. 45 of 2021 regarding the Protection of Personal Data and any other relevant legislations applicable in the UAE (“PDPL”).
“Personal Information” is information relating to you that can be used to identify you (either directly or indirectly) personally.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Information that we collect: The types of information that we may collect from you, depending on how you use the Site include:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your landline and mobile telephone numbers (business and personal);
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us when filling out a contact form on the Site;
- Your geographic location (country/territory where you are living and/or working);
- How we use your Personal Information:Inquiry Forms: We may collect your personal information, such as your name, email address, and the information you provide in your query when you fill out forms on the Site. We use this information to respond to your queries and provide the services or information you have requested.
Business Purposes: We may also use your personal information for our business purposes, such as:
- record-keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting, and research purposes;
- to ensure network and information security;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to investigate any complaint you make;
- to customize various aspects of the Site to improve your experience;
- to host, maintain, and otherwise support the operation of the Site;
- for business and disaster recovery (e.g., to create back-ups);
- for document retention/storage;
- for database management;
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of RAK DAO, its personnel, and others; and
- to ensure the quality of the services we provide to our users.
In addition, we may use your Personal Information for additional specific purposes made clear at the point of collection on particular site pages per PDPL.
If you choose not to provide the Personal Information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfill the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the Personal Information. Aside from this, your visit to the Site will remain unaffected.
- Legal grounds for collection and use of Personal InformationWe rely upon your consent to process your Personal Information concerning marketing information and events information we may send to you. In other cases, we process your Personal Information where we need to do so:
- To comply with PDPL and our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For our legitimate interests in:
- responding to your queries;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- our internal business purposes, as set out above.
You can change your browser settings to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
Sharing of Your Information
At RAK DAO, we prioritize the protection of your personal information. We promise to never share any personal information you provide on our website or through email with any third-party entities. However, we may share non-personal, aggregated information (such as generic data) with our hosts, customers, partners, and advertisers. This type of information is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual. We will always obtain your written permission before giving, trading, selling, or distributing any personal information you provide unless it is required by law.
Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have established appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the Site. However, please be advised that RAK DAO cannot guarantee and has no control over the public or third-party network through which you send your Personal Information to the Site.
RAK DAO acknowledges that the information you provide may be confidential. We do not sell, rent, distribute, or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third party, except that we may share information with our service providers for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information per our Policy and all PDPL.
How to Correct or Delete Your Information
You can ask RAK DAO to rectify, amend, or delete any information you have shared with us. To correct, amend or delete account information, [email protected]. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Ras Al Khaimah Digital Assets Oasis (RAK DAO) welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Ras Al Khaimah Digital Assets Oasis (RAK DAO) has not adhered to this Statement, please get in touch with Ras Al Khaimah Digital Assets Oasis (RAK DAO) at [email protected]. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to determine and remedy the problem promptly.
Changes to this Policy
RAK DAO will occasionally update this policy and other legal documents to reflect company and customer feedback. RAK DAO encourages you to periodically review this policy to be informed of how RAK DAO is protecting your information.